Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Amazing Creatures!!!

So a few days ago I was out taking some photos while the sun was setting. I just love the light the sun casts on everything as it's setting over the horizon. Sometimes it casts a gold tone, a pink tone or even orange. It just depends on what the climate may be that day. I never get tired of the sunsets here. Each one is unique.

While taking some shots of some wildflowers in our back yard I spotted this little hummingbird zipping around sipping nectar from the flowers. They just love these flowers. Hummingbirds amaze me in how they can fly so fast and stop on a dime. I've been outside before and had one zip right past my head or stop right in front of my face and just hover there. They are so amazing to watch.



3 comments:

  1. These birds are incredibly amazing and you have captured some beautiful shots as the little humming birds are not easy to catch with a lens.... I love that you were able to capture it with the most amazing combinations of colours. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my blessings. those are such beautiful photos of such a beautiful creature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos, Steph! I love hummingbirds, as you know.

    These photos are just super sweet with golden awesomeness. Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete